A New Beginning
As of today, it is three months until I move out of my childhood home,
where I have lived since the age of 1, and into halls to start university. As
these new beginnings approach I wanted to try something new, something that
could be an outlet for my feelings and opinions. Hence why I started a blog! I
must admit though, this wasn’t my idea entirely! For that you will have to thank The Write Blog, a friend of mine from school who's blog has recently taken off and started to gain traction within the
community and it has inspired me to do something similar. So, to start with;
why don’t I tell you a bit about myself?
I was born in the UK, slap bang in the middle of the country. I love to
read, perform, and generally mess around. I went to an all girls school right
up until sixth form/College which was quite an experience! And I love doing,
seeing and experiencing new things!
Over the past 12 months I have had a gap year, I must admit I didn’t get
to do as much as I hoped but it wasn’t a complete waste. This year I have been
working on myself, and as pretentious and conceited as that sounds, I have
found it a welcome change after the last four years of exams and pressure.
This year also marked the end of an era for me. Since I was 3 I have been
performing dance, drama and music. My main focus however has been drama and
acting. Last summer I left college with a BTEC Extended Diploma in acting and received
three Distinction *’s (A*’s) and at the same time left a youth theatre I was a
part of for 9 years. This year I became a teacher at said youth theatre but
sadly I won’t be returning next year. I also completed my LAMDA grades in both
solo acting and mime. I’ve done everything I could and always pushed for more,
and now the thing I have been working towards is just over the horizon. In September,
I will be starting an Acting BA course. Although it won’t be at a drama school
as I had hoped, it’s still at a good university and hopefully live up to all my
expectations.
This year I have also kick-started my fitness journey. As I said I danced
since I was three years old; often 2-4 classes a week, I also swam from age
3-16, these helped me keep fit through my childhood. However, when exams came
along I had to stop my dance and swimming and became complacent. This coupled
with stress brought on some health complications due to weight. I have struggled
with binge eating for 5 years now and I’m just starting to get control over my
it and get back into fitness. I love being active, but I also love sitting on
the sofa binge watching Ru Paul's Drag Race! So finding a balance for me has
been tough but ultimately rewarding and I hope to continue getting stronger and
fitter.
Since the age of 9 I have suffered from mental health issues in varying
forms and have often struggled to find myself and where I need to be. Although
these feelings are common, I often felt isolated within my own fears and
feelings. This year has made me 100x more confident in my own choices and decisions
and I have made huge progress in getting my mental health under control.
So now you have a bit of background on me, let’s talk about what you can
expect from this blog! Well I’ll start by saying I don’t want to restrict
myself to just beauty or just fitness etc, I want to write about what happens
to me, moves me, what intrigues me and what I think is worth talking about. So,
expect a jumble sale array of posts in all genres and threads!
Hopefully you liked this enough to stick around and see what happens,
after all – you got this far? Why not read on!

This is such a great start, Steph! I can't wait to read more of your content! Also, cheers for the mention ;)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Blogging world! Would love to hear more about your Gap year x
Delete